KASIA ZIELONKA

37, design director, architecture firm Francis Cauffman, Philadelphia

Interview by Arianne Cohen

PHOTOGRAPH BY CHRISTOPHER LEAMAN FOR BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK

What do you do?

In architectural design, there’s creation, development, and execution. I’m part of creation. Our clients come to us with a vision, and I give them imagery and then work with them to make that come to life.

What are you working on today?

We’re finishing a project in Camden, N.J., the Cooper Cancer Institute. It’s exciting to see the final physical outcome.

How does your wardrobe play in the office?

I’ve been at the firm for almost 15 years, so I grew up here, and they’ve always known that I have a different sense of style. I like to provoke. It’s not necessarily what you wear, but the way you carry yourself.

How do you carry yourself?

I hope to communicate a sense of style and a sense of womanhood.

Your makeup is bold.

It’s from growing up in Poland in the 1980s. My mom would play around with different colors and shadows, bringing out different parts of her face. Women do this in Eastern Europe — it doesn’t matter if they’re grocery shopping or going to work. They like to dress up and look feminine.

Do you dress up daily?

Yes, even on weekends.

What’s your strategy when dressing for work?

I go for it. It’s a feeling I have, not something I think about — the thinking happens at the store.

Do you have a look?

I don’t have a Monday-to-Friday look. I like to play with vibrance and color, and I collect different clothing. But I don’t have a closet.

You don’t have a closet?

I actually got rid of all our closets because they felt too small and I had to dig into them for clothing. So I have two clothing racks that are 10 feet each. That way, I see all the colors.

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.