ALICIA JAY

32, game operations manager, Golden State Warriors, Oakland, Calif.

Interview by Arianne Cohen

PHOTOGRAPH BY JAKE STANGEL FOR BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK

What do you do during games?

I’m the stage manager: I’m communicating with 50 people to execute the entertainment — the control room, our DJ, our spotlight operators, my director.

What do you do in the off-season?

We audition entertainment groups. That’s my least favorite part. I don’t like telling people they didn’t make it.

How tall are you?

6-foot-6. Tall fashion is my passion. I like to wear tall pieces, and I like to support tall retailers — there’s not a lot out there for us.

What happens when you go to mainstream stores?

The blazers are gonna probably be about 4 inches too short, and it’ll be like a cropped blazer on me.

How tall are those heels?

4.5 inches. So I’m about 6-foot-10. People ask me, why are you wearing those? And it’s like, why not? I like cute shoes. Why should I deny myself a great pair of heels just because I’m tall?

Should tall women wear heels?

Oh, absolutely. You might have a bad clothing day — you’re bloated or something’s not fitting right — but your heels are always gonna fit and make you feel fierce.

Do you tower over your boss?

Thankfully, I have a confident boss. He doesn’t care. Everyone I work for happens to respect that I’m tall. And people who don’t, I don’t really have time for.

How do you describe your style?

I don’t like to put parameters on it. One day I might put on something classic, and the next day go more edgy. I always like to throw in a special touch to make the outfit pop.

What’s this outfit’s special touch?

I love the necklace. I always like to wear statement jewelry. I stick to one piece and let it talk.

Where’d you get it?

Bauble Bar, one of my favorite places to shop for jewelry, period. The price points are low, and I just love the packaging. I know that shouldn’t matter, but it does.

Did you play ball?

Yeah, for 10 years. I’ll still shoot around, but I had two knee surgeries.

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.