BRIGETTE MULLER

25, blogger, Free People, Philadelphia

Interview by Arianne Cohen

PHOTOGRAPH BY CHRISTOPHER LEAMAN FOR BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK

What’s your style?

It’s always layered, laced, often crocheted, feminine, flowered, and light-colored.

Do you dress around your hair?

Absolutely. I dress with an earthy, pale color palette, because bright colors clash with my hair.

What do you do?

I write for our company blog about all aspects of the Free People lifestyle — fashion, music, décor, food. I go places and document things and then write about it.

How much jewelry do you normally wear?

I just put on whatever. I usually put on all the rings that I own. And I lose stuff all the time, so then I throw on a couple more.

Cool gig. How did you get it?

After some random internships, I realized that I should figure out who I wanted to work for. So I made a video about how much I wanted to work for Free People, I tweeted it to them, and now I’m here.

How do you pick your outfits?

It’s a laid-back office, so I dress however I’m feeling that day. I wear the same thing to work and then out.

Is that a slip?

Yes. We sell a lot of slips here and often style them as dresses. They’re sheer, so you can layer them.

Tights or stockings?

I’m definitely a thigh-highs person. Whenever I can wear them, I do. My legs are pretty much always shown.

Why?

It adds to the layering aspect. When you have thigh-highs, you can see a little bit of leg, then the dress, and it adds another dimension to the outfit.

Those are great boots.

When I fall in love with something, I don’t care if it fits. These are two sizes too big. I just put some insoles in them.

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.