UM, IT’S A RENTAL

In June, Hertz launched Dream Cars, a fleet of exotic models. Jay Lamm, author of You Are What You Drive: What Your Car Says About You, weighs in on each.

MERCEDES-BENZ USA

MERCEDES-BENZ C63 AMG

$200/day (plus 49¢ per mile beyond 75-mile-per-day allowance)

“The car says, ‘I am middle management, but I want to give the impression that I am a heart surgeon.’ It’s an utterly invisible car, but it costs $100K. It’s the Barbour jacket of cars.”

PORSCHE 911

$350/day (plus 49¢ per mile beyond 75-mile-per-day allowance)

“The 911 says, ‘I am a boring businessman with no imagination. I want to be seen in a sports car.’ Everybody has heard of the 911. People drive it every day and put groceries in it.”

NISSAN GT-R

$1,000/day (plus $3 per mile beyond 75-mile-per-day allowance)

“The message here: ‘I’ve just sold my hip-hop label, and I’m in a hurry to get to my barber to get my hair spiked. I am fast and furious, so get out of my way.’ Also, you’re 22 years old.”

FERRARI F430 SPIDER

$1,500/day (plus $3 per mile beyond 75-mile-per-day allowance)

“This guy knows cars and knows it’s better to rent a Ferrari than to own one. He’s saying, ‘This is a fast Italian car, and when it blows up or breaks down, that’s Hertz’s problem.’ ”

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO

$1,500/day (plus $3 per mile beyond 75-mile-per-day allowance)

“This is the licensed-driver equivalent of giving your boss the finger. It’s the most outrageously styled, attention-getting, and pointlessly loud car money can buy.”

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.