WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE VACATION SPOT?

Six very busy people on the places where they can finally relax.

By Arianne Cohen

ILLUSTRATION: ANDY SMITH

NANCY SNYDERMAN

Chief medical editor, NBC

“You’ve found me in Sicily. We went hiking, ate everything in sight — sardines and pasta nonstop — drank red wine and limoncello every day, and still lost a pound. God love the Mediterranean diet. I have finally learned how to get a life and really carve time out for myself. So this is it. Ciao, bella.

ALTON BROWN

Author and Food Network host

“Most of the residents of Man-O-War Cay, in the Abaco Islands, are descendants of Brits who remained loyal to the crown during the American Revolution. Several families sell dinner out of their homes, and there’s a little bakery called Lulu’s in an old couple’s house. They’ll call to tell you when the sweet rolls are hot out of the oven.”

PATRICIA SCHULTZ

Author, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die

“I recently took a mini-river cruise on Germany’s Rhine River on Avalon Waterways’ cruiser, the Expression. I stopped to visit hilltop castles and market towns. A cruiser is a gorgeous home to return to after a perfect day of sightseeing. I spent an hour a day keeping on top of things so that my return to the real world wasn’t a backlog nightmare.”

KELLY DACHTLER

President, TheClymb.com

“The weather is consistently perfect, and it’s an easy flight. A few years ago we set an incredibly audacious sales goal and agreed to relocate the company there for a week if the goal was met. The trip ended up being one of the most productive weeks for us. Thanks to the time zone, our office hours were 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.”

KEN KWAPIS

Director, The Office finale

“I’d love to return to the Lamanai Outpost Lodge hidden in a rainforest in Belize. You arrive via a rickety twin-propeller plane and sleep in a thatched roof cabana. The day we left, I sat at the bar with a lovely gentleman who tossed back more than a few whiskies. He struggled to his feet and said, ‘OK, time to go.’ He was our pilot. Can’t wait to go back!”

Tony Hsieh

CEO, Zappos.com

“I’ve gone twice and plan on going this year. It’s amazing to see all the creativity that happens there and inspiring to be a part of intentional community-building. I met the creator of MacGyver there, and we spoke about how I’ve been wanting to write a business book titled Everything I Learned About Business I Learned From MacGyver.

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.