MASTER CLASS

SHADY BIZ

For What It’s Worth: Business Wisdom From a Pawnbroker By Les Gold (Portfolio Penguin), $25.95

People will buy anything. “I’ve sold everything from shoes to stripper poles,” Gold writes. “Even a gynecological table.” p65

Explore frontier markets. “Everyone laughed at me,” he writes, when he moved to the “nicer suburbs.” Business boomed. p90

Avoid bribes. “I once gave a local police lieutenant a holiday card with fifty dollars,” he admits. “He said, ‘You can’t ever do anything like this again!’ ” p165

Treat family colleagues as family, or else relationships can turn sour fast. “[My son and employee] Seth is always going to call me Dad,” he says. p189

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.