I CAN’T WORK WITHOUT MY ...

Highly productive people on the items that give them an edge.

By Arianne Cohen

COURTESY OF SIMPLECOM

JOSH REICH

CEO of Simple

HewlettPackard 42S Calculator

“By far the best handheld calculator ever made, and I don’t have to unlock my phone and wait for an app to start. I got my first one over 20 years ago, and it died 15 years later from a coffee spill. That was a tragic day.” $300 on EBay

TIM FERRISS

Author of The 4-Hour Chef

AeroPress Coffee & Espresso Maker by Aerobie

“A French press on steroids. I use it with Blue Bottle or Intelligentsia coffee beans. It was made by a Stanford mechanical engineer. I was introduced to it by the 2008 Barista World Champion.” $26; bedbathandbeyond.com

JULIE MORGENSTERN

CEO of Julie Morgenstern Enterprises

Blue Oil by Aveda

“I tried Blue Oil on a total whim and was amazed — it gets me to my best thinking quickly. I put it on my temples, wrists, and third eye when I’m working on big projects like strategic planning or writing a speech.” $16.50; aveda.com

CYRUS MASSOUMI

CEO of ZocDoc

Sky Wi-Fi Pen by Livescribe

“This digitally records everything I write and then wirelessly stores it in Evernote. Though I was in a meeting recently and accidentally hit playback, and the pen started repeating what was just said.” From $149.95; livescribe.com

DIANE WARREN

Grammy-winning songwriter

Sony TCM-200DV Standard Cassette Voice Recorder

“I have every kind of modern studio equipment imaginable, but I like my Walkman. With digital, my songs might disappear into digital-land. With this, they’re there, and I can take it out and hold it in my hand.” $50.99; amazon.com

PHIL LIBIN

CEO of Evernote

Yamaha Disklavier E3 Acoustic Grand Piano

“I spend an hour a day teaching myself music theory and trying to play. Learning a new skill at age 41 is astonishingly brain-stretching. I think most productivity is tied to happiness. The piano helps with this.” $44,599; usa.yamaha.com

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.