1965 Volunteer, John Lindsay for Mayor campaign

Worst boss: “The guy in the Lindsay campaign who nicknamed me ‘Squirt.’ ”

1966-72

Lindsay for President field organizer in Florida and Wisconsin

“Let’s just say we lost in Florida to George Wallace and leave it at that.”

1972-74

Assistant talent agent, maitre d’, blackjack and poker player

Assistant to Paramount Pictures Chairman Barry Diller

“I was 24, working as a do-anything guy for an independent producer named David Picker. David said, ‘I think you should meet Barry Diller. He needs an assistant.’ David flew me to California, and I had an interview with Barry, and he hired me. To this day, it’s the most selfless thing anyone’s done for me.”

1975-82

Paramount: Various positions in television development and production

“I had an office that was barely big enough for a desk and a chair. Luckily, it also had no pictures, so [writers David and Jerry Zucker] were able to pitch Airplane! by projecting 16mm footage on one of the blank walls.”

1982-84

President of production at Paramount

Produced Pretty Woman, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King

1984-94

Chairman of Walt Disney Studios

Fired from Disney

“I was with Michael Eisner for 19 years. Not many marriages and very few business relationships last that long. We had 18½ pretty great years, six months of deterioration, and then the War of the Roses.”

1994-2004

Founded DreamWorks with Steven Spielberg and David Geffen

Produced Saving Private Ryan, American Beauty, Gladiator, Almost Famous, Cast Away, and A Beautiful Mind

2004-PRESENT

CEO of DreamWorks Animation

“The most rewarding thing about what I do is standing in the back of a theater and hearing the laughter of an audience, particularly kids. I just got to do it again with The Croods. It’s the best possible thing.”

LIFE LESSONS

1. Give 110 percent of yourself every day in everything you do. 2. Exceed everybody’s expectations, always. 3. If you don’t come to work on Saturday, don’t bother coming in on Sunday.

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.