The Friday Makeunder

How to break free from the tyranny of the business suit.

By Jennifer Kim

After | “If I learned anything, it’s that the parts can be worn separately to enhance an outfit!” says Izzo-Dortch. “I’m confident when I feel good in my clothes.”

PHOTOGRAPH BY KAREEM BLACK FOR BLOOMBERG BUSINESSWEEK

In the Bag

Unless you’re going for bag-lady chic, keep everything in one colorful carryall. For a laptop, pick something tall and wide. Laura Vela tote, $478

Well-Heeled

Colorful footwear is a sure way to spark up a business wardrobe. Flats are a commuter’s best friend. Kenneth Cole ballet slippers, $98

Top Gear

Camisoles serve as a terrific base under a V-neck sweater or a cardigan. Brooks Brothers jacket, $398; Gap camisole, $18.50; Uniqlo cardigan, $50

Bottom Line

Tight black jeans are another closet essential. Not only are they slimming, but they also pair easily with any top. Levi’s jeans, $68

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.