Letters

“Blowing the Whistle on Citi”

JULY 2012

I never write responses to stories. But this one, especially after reading about Sherry Hunt’s background, her dilemma and her risk, touched something deep inside. Work is always fraught with decisions than can affect others’ lives and one’s future. I applaud Ms. Hunt for doing the right thing.

MILLIE KEATING

Middleburg, Ohio

I have read many articles about whistleblowers. Yours is my favorite. You’ve captured the greatness of what Sherry Hunt did.

MICHAEL A. SULLIVAN

Atlanta

Never underestimate the power of a farm girl!

MARILYN THOMPSON

Durant, Oklahoma

“Brazil Be Dammed”

MAY 2012

Thank you for your broad view of the costs and benefits of dam installations. You leave a reader to speculate whether the dams will help or hurt Brazil in the future. Unfortunately, measuring the harm will be left to complicated forecasting. It’s great that the article appears in the issue with “Power to the People,” which focuses on decentralized electricity generation in India. This moves one to ask, Why not pour those billions of Brazilian reais into that kind of effort?

LUIS CALLEJA

Finance chair, Rainforest Action Network Chicago

Brooklyn, New York

CORRECTION

In “Deep Challenges at Petrobras” (July 2012), we listed an incorrect source for the Petro Power chart on page 88. Bloomberg was the sole information source.

INFORMATION FOR READERS

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Type MAG <Go> or send an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . We reserve the right to edit all letters for space and clarity.

REPRINTS

Contact The YGS Group at 717-505-9701 x104 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

SUBSCRIPTIONS

For address changes and requests for copies, send an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , call 212-617-7880 or fax 917-369-8400. To subscribe, call 1-888-BLOOMBERG. For assistance in running Bloomberg functions, press <Help> twice.

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.