BMW i8 CONCEPT

By Lawrence Ulrich

BASE PRICE $150K

HYBRID/ELECTRIC HYBRID

TAILPIPE CO2 EMISSIONS 99 G/KM

HORSEPOWER 350

0-60/SECONDS < 5

ESTIMATED DEBUT 2014

THE I8 WON’T GO ON SALE UNTIL 2014 BUT THE FUTURISTIC, transparent-doored BMW can already be seen guest-starring in the film Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Like other upcoming models from BMW’s new “i” line, this plug-in hybrid (which can be charged from a standard plug) avoids a traditional, heavy design by using a light, carbon-fiber passenger cell placed in an aluminum structure that supports the power train, suspension and lithium-ion batteries. A tiny 1.5-liter, three-cylinder gas engine drives rear wheels, while an electric motor twists the front axle. The result is 350 horsepower in a 2+2 that can cover 20 miles on electricity alone, hit 60 mph in under five seconds and reach 155 mph.

Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , 800.831.1117; bmwusa.com

Welcome!

Magazines Review offers you a broad range of popular American magazines online. Browse an extensive directory of magazines, covering most important aspects of your life. Find the most recent issues of your favourite magazine, or check out the oldest ones.

About content

All the articles are taken from the official magazine websites and other open web resources.

Please send your complains and suggestions through our feedback form. Thank you.